Today, we are interviewing Dylan Sesco, an artist and creator. He started Vertlife Entertainment in 2011 and has released a handful of music projects and a few years ago pivoted to film and a Youtube web series called The Somethin’ Or Other Tour [SOOT.TV] where he explores all sorts of places like historical landmarks, sports stadiums, museums, abandoned buildings, etc.
1. How did you get into what you do right now? Please tell us more about your journey?
I started the show because I wanted to contribute something of value. After 15+ years of doing creative media, my Youtube show finally feels like I found a purpose. My silly show is my passion.
2. Who are your role models?
I have a very eclectic list of role models, including Walt Disney, David Letterman, 2pac, Anthony Bourdain, RFK, John Lewis, Malala Yousafzai, Nipsey Hussle, and more.
3. What inspires you?
Creating instead of just consuming, kindness and empathy, experiences, love, art.
4. Please tell us about your show.
My show is The Somethin’ Or Other Tour [SOOT.TV], a random show of exploring and appreciating all aspects of life. Sometimes silly, sometimes serious. It’s a grab bag, and every episode is different.
We distribute and produce under our company Vertlife Entertainment.
5. What’s your most memorable experience?
There are experiences like going to the World Series or a Championship football game or going to the top of the Empire State Building that rank really high with me, but even small moments of laughter with strangers mean just as much to me. I’m the type of person that sees the drama and poetry in even the smallest aspects of life.
6. Which social media channels work best for promoting your work?
Youtube itself at https://soot.tv and Instagram @dylansesco.
7. What’s your greatest fear?
To not leave a positive mark on the world and my friends/family.
8. Looking back, what’s one thing you wish you understood better before you ever got started?
That small failures lead to big lessons. Take each day at a time and have patience. You will find your voice.
9. What are the strategies that helped you become successful in your journey?
Consistency, self-management, passion.
10. What keeps you going when things get tough?
Hearing kind words from strangers about what I do. Seeing real results from the work I put in. The overall experience means a lot, even when things are tough.
11. Any message for our readers.
Find what you’re passionate about and chase it. The world would be better if we all contributed something, as silly as you think it may be.
12. How can people connect with you?
Thank you so much for giving us your precious time! We wish you the best for your journey ahead!
This post was proofread with Grammarly. If you liked this post, please share it with your friends on Social Media.