Today, we are interviewing upcoming Hip-Hop Artist, EdThatsMyCup from Daytona Beach, Florida. Check out his recently released single ‘Hurt Kobain'.
1. Please tell us something about yourself.
All I do is make music, it's my full hobby.
2. How did you get into what you do right now? Please tell us more about your journey?
I was probably 7 years old when I heard “Dirt off you're shoulders” by Jay-Z ever since my older brother showed me that song; I was instantly sucked into the Hip-Hop realm. I then found Eminem, DMX, when I was finally about 10, I started writing, and at about 16 I started recording,
My biggest role models are J. Cole, the lately passed Nipsey Hussle, Kid Cudi, and that's about it.
3. What's your most memorable experience?
With my good friend @bukkweatbill just being a hype/Stageman at a sold-out crowd at the Philmore in Miami, it was amazing.
4. Which social media channels work best for promoting your work?
5. What's your greatest fear?
Being able to trust people.
I had a bunch of people that pretended to be my friend, they would feed me Xanax call me their family for the longest time. I slowly noticed, I missed 5-8 racks; it was my own friends using me to stage stealing my money, my Jordan Concords, and a lot of my HDY pieces that were pretty expensive… so yeah… don't even trust “FAMILY.”
6. Looking back, what's one thing you wish you understood better before you ever got started?
Marketing & Networking
7. What are the strategies that helped you become successful in your journey?
Networking more, Traveling
8. What keeps you going when things get tough?
Music, my niece, and nephews
9. Any message for our readers.
Anything is possible for anyone if you feel like making music, go for it.
10. How can people connect with you?
P.S. If you felt inspired after reading this Interview, request you to please share with your friends on social media because your friends might get inspired too!