Today, we are interviewing Manu Dhaumya, he runs an anti-bullying campaign called UNITED AGAINST BULLIES in Reading, England.
1. How did you get into what you do right now? Please tell us more about your journey?
With my wife Deepa, we organize charity sports tournaments. We help kids who are getting bullied by providing them with a solid platform to raise their voice. That could be getting the teachers involved or the School Authorities or even getting counselors to deal with complicated issues.
2. What inspires you?
If I see anyone getting bullied or someone being rude to kids or any sad stories regarding kids, it brings tears to my eyes.
3. Please tell us about what you do.
I am the one who runs UNITED AGAINST BULLIES who deal with kids who are getting bullied at school. I have organized loads of charity tournaments to bring all communities together in my fight against bullying. This cause is aimed to raise awareness of the bullying epidemic that's so prevalent in our local schools.
4. What's your most memorable experience?
I have won the Reading Inspiration Award, The Mayors Award, The Wokingham councils awards for my services to this town, Reading Retail Award, and a few Pride of Reading nominations. I also sponsor the Shinfield Cricket Club and the Girls under 8s football team at Shinfield Rangers FC.
5. Which social media channels work best for promoting your work? What exactly do you do on the social media channel that makes it work for you?
I prefer working on Instagram and FB. I have a few thousand followers. I try to promote my events and highlight the things that we do like organizing charity tournaments etc.
6. What's your greatest fear?
My greatest fear is not being able to help someone who needs my help.
7. Looking back, what's one thing you wish you understood better before you ever got started?
Looking back, I wish I started this campaign earlier and maybe helped some more kids that were getting bullied.
8. What keeps you going when things get tough?
My focus to always help others, keeps me ticking, and going forward.
9. Any message for our readers.
My message to the readers is that the best feeling in the world is giving. If you do good, you will see it in this lifetime. Heaven and hell are here only.
10. How can people connect with you?
P.S. If you felt inspired after reading this Interview, request you to please share with your friends on social media because your friends might get inspired too!