Friends, Today we have an amazing filmmaker and photographer from Sydney, Australia. His videos and photographs are absolutely stunning.
Check out one of the amazing videos he has created on one of his favorite islands in Australia:
1. Please tell us about yourself
I am a filmmaker and photographer based in Sydney with my focus on travel destination content as well as action footage of flying, paragliding, scuba diving and various other activities I enjoy.
2. You photographs and videos are absolutely breathtaking, how do you manage such perfection?
Very humbled for you to say perfection. However, I try my best to keep my content unique and also spend many hours editing and reediting footage till it’s at a level that meets my expectations. I keep going back multiple times to the same project to adjust small things that sometimes take me hours to achieve for only seconds of footage, only because it makes me happier with the result!
3. Who are your role models?
I have always looked up to filmmakers that create unique and different content, Sam Kolder is a filmmaker that I have always looked up to amongst many others.
4. You have worked with some huge brands, please share your experiences about that.
I have worked with Sony, Corona, Subaru, Superdry, DJI, Tourism Australia and a few smaller brands. I have enjoyed each campaign I have done for these brands and love the challenge of creating content that will increase their brand reach and also content that makes them happy enough to use me again.
5. What are some of the destinations that you loved filming?
Japan was a unique country I enjoyed filming. Cape Town, South Africa is another destination I cant get enough of. So many unique places that are less visited than more crowded travel destinations like Bali.
6. What do you enjoy most about what you do?
Exploring the hidden areas of each new filming location and meeting new people across the globe. It really makes you realise how big, yet small the world is when you travel and opens your eyes to new cultures, personalities and experiences.
7. You are a big influencer on Instagram with 200,000+ followers. Please share with us your journey to become an Instagram influencer.
I started posting content of the things I love doing, as some of these things are adventures that not many people partake in, I feel as though many enjoy seeing a different perspective and hence have followed my adventures.
8. Did you advertise on Instagram platform, if yes, how was the experience?
I have advertised on Instagram in the past, however advertising on the platform has given me little return so I have instead tried to keep my content consistent and unique to reach the explore page and grow my audience.
9. What factors helped you in your success journey?
Larger accounts like @australia @queensland and many others with millions of followers that have reposted my content and as a result grown my audience.
10. What were some of the challenges you faced?
Changes to the Instagram algorithms that have made it harder to grow, tight timelines to shoot and edit content for brands that require the content on a tight deadline. However, I enjoy challenges as it keeps you busy!
11. What are some of the tips that you would like to give to those who want to create a following on Instagram?
Keep your content unique, do what you love and don’t concentrate on the followers!
12. Which camera would you recommend to start-up photographers/filmmakers?
Sony alpha mirrorless range are great – Sony a6000 or a6500 are great entry level cameras that will allow you to still shoot professionally.
13. How can people connect with you?
Thank you so much for giving us your precious time! We wish you the best for your journey ahead!