Today, we are interviewing Naleen Kakadiya, Chairman of Kakadiya Group of Industries, which is based in Surat in India.
1. How did you get into what you do right now? Please tell us more about your journey.
I have started this company as the youngest businessman after the completion of my high school studies, and I have started it by working from the root of the company.
2. Who is your role model, and what inspires you?
My elder brother Rakesh Kakadiya is my role model as he has started this business from a local market.
And this thing keeps on inspiring me and because of which I am here today.
3. Please tell us about your company?
My elder brother started from a local business in the diamond market in 1997 and struggled for a long time. Then, I came into this business in 2004 and started a new firm named Kakadiya Diamonds and also started the online selling of natural diamonds from the famous American portal.
We extended this business, and in 2011 we registered it under Kakadiya Group Limited.
And now we are selling the loose natural diamonds, precious gems stones, and other jewelry.
4. What's the most memorable experience?
The most memorable experience is that I have given the education of Lab-grown diamond to the whole world. From 2014, I have started spreading knowledge of lab-grown diamonds to everyone via advertisements, social networking, and also personal guidance.
5. What do you think about this pandemic COVID-19 and how long this situation will take?
COVID-19 is the infectious disease caused by the most recently discovered coronavirus. This new virus and disease were unknown before the outbreak began in Wuhan, China, in December 2019.
It will take approximately 2-3 more months to recover from this situation.
Use mask, wash your hand with alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water, maintain social distancing, Practice respiratory hygiene.
It will take 4-5 months from the day this situation started and will differ country wise accordingly.
6. Are there any chances of the global economy getting affected due to COVID-19? And, if yes, so do you think are there any chances of getting rid of this problem?
Yes, due to this COVID-19, the global economy will be affected, and it might take approximately 4-5 months to recover.
7. After this whole thing ends, what will be the situation of the diamond industry and its effect on the diamond business? Which diamonds will be more in demand after lockdown opens?
After this pandemic ends, it is definitely going to affect the diamond industry. I believe people will not prefer natural diamond as it is more expensive than lab-grown diamond(CVD).
So, lab-grown diamonds(CVD) will be in more demand than natural diamonds.
8. What is the reason behind the demand for Lab-grown diamonds being more than natural diamonds?
Both are diamonds, of course. The first is a natural diamond created by forces deep within the young Earth.
The second is from a laboratory and possesses essentially the same chemical, physical, and optical properties as its natural. But then too, the price of a lab-grown diamond is 50% less than natural diamond so it will be in more demand.
9. Do you have any famous brand in jewelry worldwide?
Yes, we do have a brand called Black Jack. We are specialized in engagement and wedding rings in lab-grown diamonds.
And we make all varieties of rings according to the latest fashion and demand.
10. Which social media channels work best for promoting your work? What exactly do you do on the social media channels that make it work for you?
According to me, the best social networking site is Instagram, as every youth, celebrities, and others are active on Instagram mostly. We usually post our items and also put it in a story to remind people about us.
11. What are the strategies that helped you become successful in your company?
When I wanted to start my own company, to share my knowledge about diamonds, it wasn't as easy as I'd thought it would be. Our primary strategy is to make a strong base with a strong team.