Today, we are interviewing Rakeisha Smitherman-Muiruri, a mom, author, speaker, and Real Estate Broker.
1. How did you get into what you do right now? Please tell us more about your journey?
I walk you through how to buy your first home. I received similar feedback from so many people interested in buying their first home. Still, they weren't sure what to do or where to begin. It's such a needed product!
2. Who are your role models?
My mother and my daughter
3. What inspires you?
Helping people transform their life through information and children's tenacity
4. Please tell us about your book.
Author of First Time Homebuyer Workbook: 13 Steps to Get You Home. It's a layman's terms guide for purchasing your first home.
5. What's your most memorable experience?
Riding sea scooters in Hawaii
6. Which social media channels work best for promoting your work? What exactly do you do on the social media channel that makes it work for you?
Instagram. I do weekly live Instagram series that covers a homebuying topic and allows people to ask their questions live. I also engage a lot with my followers by offering no-fluff tips on homebuying.
7. What's your greatest fear?
Not using everything GOD gave me.
8. Looking back, what's one thing you wish you understood better before you ever got started?
How to better use Instagram.
9. What are the strategies that helped you become successful in your journey?
Hard work, straight forward with my clients, and being humble.
10. What keeps you going when things get tough?
11. Any message for our readers.
Follow me on Instagram @houstonrealestatepro for first-time Homebuyer tips!